As a lifelong athlete and football player for many years I continued after football with fitness and running. I had my knees worked on a few times and as a runner my major goals were and still are to be able to run and walk well into my grave…or at least 90’s.
So as a runner I worked on form as well as my training plan and program to limit the stress and abuse on my knees- even though I have and continue to participate in half-marathon / marathon distance events. I have enjoyed the effort and so far have remained uninjured in 25+ years.
I have worked with stretching and exercise and shoes- as well as the training- I have also done a bunch with food.
What foods are good for fighting inflammation? What foods do I LIKE TO EAT?
What are suggestions for anti-inflammatory diets 😕
- Eat plenty of fruits and vegetables
- Minimize saturated and Trans fats
- Eat a good source of omega-3 fatty acids, such as fish or fish oil supplements and walnuts.
- Watch your intake of refined carbohydrates such as pasta and white rice.
- Eat plenty of whole grains such as brown rice and bulgur wheat.
- Eat lean protein sources such as chicken; cut back on red meat and full-fat dairy foods.
- experiment with vegetarian protein diet options( tend to have fiber and other nutrients)
- Avoid refined foods and processed foods.
- Spice it up. Chili peppers, Ginger, turmeric and curries, and other spices can have an anti-inflammatory effect.
- Consume Omega-3 Oils up to 3 grams a day- try for food sources.