Ginger is one of my favorite foods, spices and plants( fun to grow).
It tastes great- I recall early Asian food experiences when i asked ,”what is that flavor?”
Ginger is healthy for some of the following reasons and probably many more. Many of these suggestions are still in research stages but others have years and even eons of useful evidence.
- Anti-inflammatory and anti-oxidants benefits of a part of the root (rhizome I know)
- the above is helpful for muscle aches and arthritis and other -ITIS’S…
- Has shown beneficial impact on blood sugar for diabetics and others
- may help reduce cholesterol
- long time use for nausea- helpful for chemo therapy patients, pregnant ladies and sea travelers as well as cold and flu season .
- Studies are being conducted to verify as an aid for brain function and dementia prevention
- Ginger has also shown benefits for infection fighting and prevention, especially oral infections and dental issues.
HOW TO EAT AND USE GINGER?
Candied ginger is a great way to get the benefit of ginger everyday- and share it as a gift as well( it is Christmas season BTW)
A variety of recipes to use and enjoy ginger and improve your life and health.